The 'Blinde-Ezelstraat', meaning 'The Blind Donkey Street' is a street in the heart of the historic center of Bruges.
It lies between the town hall and the 'Civic Griffon' and runs from 'De Brug' to the Fish Market. According to a 1490 document, a hostel called 'Den Blinden Ezele' (The Blind Donkey) was located in that street.
The name 'Blind Donkey' is referred to the brewers' habit of blindfolding the donkeys who had to step into the breweries treadmill and that way preventing them from becoming dizzy stepping in circles for a long time. It was not the only hostel that was wearing that name at the time.